Monday 25 June 2018

Right in the beginning .....KR 1

ZS WEC first flew in 1995 after 18 months of building. I am not sure why I sold it, but I did.
I flew just short of 300 hrs before selling. It had a 2.0 lt VW Motor with Honda motorbike ignition. Home made wheels and brake, very basic panel and NO luxuries.
During the time I had this great plane, I had decided to build a KR 1.
I bought a set of plans, as well as the plans for the KR 1 B motorglider. The plans ended up getting very dusty, but in 2011 I convinced my close friend Russell to build with me.
And so the build process started, only to be halted as I went off sailing for 3 years.
On arriving back we started again with much enthusiasm. But still slow as I have become too fussy. 100% or nothing, slows the process down. We are getting along reasonably well again. as the photos will show.
Cheers
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment